We went on a trip to Cameron Highlands a month ago, Saturday till Monday. It was not an impulse trip. I bought a Groupon for discounted 3D2N stay at Equatorial Cameron Highlands a few month ago (January). Since it's discounted, I didn't get much choice on the dates of stay. I was even required to pay an extra rm40 for taking in Saturday. Hotels here charge extra on Friday & Saturday, the Pasar Berinchang nights.
On our way up the winding hill, I heard a loud "thud" and screeching sound of tires. I immediately sat up (from laying down at the back seat due to fever) to see what had happened. Mr.H said a silver grey proton with plate number starting with P bypassed us, ran over the motorcycle that was driving in the opposite lane and sped away. The motorcyclist was thrown from his bike and almost fell over the hill slope. The two cars behind us stopped to help the motorcyclist. We could not stop coz we were already far ahead and the road was too narrow to do a u-turn.
It's horrifying how little some people view other people's life, proven from how reckless they drive on the road. The time that they are chasing after seems to them more important than another person's life. Your time over a person's life. How shallow. How hollow.
![]() |
| Stall Outside Hotel Vicinity |
We had to stop by a stall for dinner and forget the plan to visit Pasar Malam Berincang coz we were not willing to sit through the traffic. The foods that we ordered were too oily. When you stay at Equatorial, there's not much nearby stall/restaurant outside the hotel vicinity. I didn't have much appetite anyway.
![]() |
| @ Muallaf |
![]() |
| @ Al Barhkath |
![]() |
| Yummy! @ MARDI |
Went back to the hotel around 6pm. Umairah and Irfan played at the hotel's arcade area. I didn't spend any money here coz I felt it was just too expensive. RM5 per game. Besides, Umairah & Irfan enjoyed hoping from one console to another pretending that they were controlling the consoles.
![]() |
| Hotel Game Arcade |
![]() |
| Personal Touch. I like. |
On the third and last day, Monday, it was so hard to get Umairah and Irfan to wake up. They were just so tired from yesterday. Finally, we managed to get them ready and headed to Boh Plantation Valley. Turns out it's closed every Monday so we had to be satisfied with taking pictures of the valley from afar.
Next, we went to a Butterfly Farm where the entrance ticket is RM5 for adult and RM3 for kids. We've never taken Umairah & Irfan to the zoo so this is as close as it gets. They were screaming with excitement when the butterflies flew very close to them and landed on my shoulder. I couldn't expect Umairah & Irfan to know how to hold a butterfly gently so instead, I placed the butterfly at the back of their hand (so they can't accidently squeeze them to death).
There were also other animals such as rabbits, fishes, snakes, beetles, rats, turtles, frogs, ... but you can't touch any of them. It was so lovely seeing how excited Umairah & Irfan were. Unfortunately, we couldn't spend more than an hour there coz we had to check out of the hotel before 12pm.
There were also other animals such as rabbits, fishes, snakes, beetles, rats, turtles, frogs, ... but you can't touch any of them. It was so lovely seeing how excited Umairah & Irfan were. Unfortunately, we couldn't spend more than an hour there coz we had to check out of the hotel before 12pm.
After checking-out, we stopped at a craft and souvenir shop. Mr.H gave me only 10 minutes so I didn't have much time to choose the lovely fridge magnets and bookmarks.
| @ Balai Kraftangan Brincahng |
On our way back, we stopped to buy petai from the orang asli. Owh, and also fruits at Tapah. Would have been a great getaway if only I wasn't having the fever. Still, it was a nice getaway and would like to have a go at it again. The last time we came here, it was only me & Mr.H, 6 years ago. Now, we're here with two kids. Who knows, maybe next time it'll be with five kids. Though I hope I wouldn't have to wait that long.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment