This is the "gadget" that I like most in my kitchen (for now). Initially, I needed a rice cooker. I felt that buying a pot that could only cook rice would take too much counter space in my very very very small kitchen. So, I googled and found info about multi-cooker. Then, I found info about pressure cooker that can save time cooking, which is very important to me since I'm always cooking soups and stocks (mutton, lamb shank, chicken...) that takes hours to cook.

Went to Amazon online and saw that this Cuisinart pressure cooker not only can be used to cook using low pressure and high pressure, but it can also sauté and simmer. It sauté's and simmer's very well compared to if I used any pot on the electric stove that is made available by the apartment management. The problem with the electric stove tops is that the heat doesn't really distribute nicely or evenly. I bought the pressure cooker on sale for $93.66 (original price $185). Worth it.
Put the ingredients in. Close the lid. Set the timer. And walk away.
It beeps twice when it's done. The kids loves the beeping sound and would run to me and say something like "Mama! Mama! Dah masak!" excitedly.
Setting the timer depends on what you are cooking. Chicken soup takes 7 minutes. Lamb shank about 20 minutes. Mutton soup 17 minutes. Aside from the time that has been set, an additional few minutes is needed for the pressure to build up. This takes only about 10 minutes. So, the total time to cook mutton soup would be around 27 minutes (10 minutes for the pressure to build up, 17 minutes for the cooking timer to cook under high pressure). Cooking mutton under 30 minutes compared to having to boil it for hours for it to be tender... this cooker is impressive. I wonder why I've never though about buying this before. It saves so much time. If you are thinking about buying a pressure cooker, I highly recommend this one. But if you think there are better brands, go ahead.


No comments:
Post a Comment