Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Best Way to Beat Bed-Rest Boredom

This month, I had the most sick leave (MC) I’ve ever had in my 3 years of work life. 5 days (non continuous). Firstly, because of my sciatica. Secondly, because last week, they found out that I had fibroid tumor. I went to a lot of clinics, met a lot of doctors, but they couldn’t detect why I was in pain or why I was bleeding. They dismissed me by saying “biasa la tu” or that I was worrying too much. Non-government clinics better konon. It was a doctor at Klinik Kesihatan Kajang (government clinic) that took my pain seriously and referred me to a specialist. That’s how I got to know it was uterine fibroid tumor. It’s nothing serious as long as it doesn’t grow any bigger. I bleed and am in intense pain from time to time but not allowed to take any type of painkiller except ‘Panadol’, get tired really easily too. Seriously, aspirin (like Panadol) does not help ease the pain AT ALL. I wish I could have painless days and blissful undisturbed sleep at night. I’ve reached a point where I’m tired of telling people “I’m in pain” coz there’s nothing they could do about it anyway.


Although my “not-peachy” health has affected a lot of things (people&activities) in life that I love, considering that it’s JUST a benign tumor and not cancerous, I’m counting my blessings.


What I really wanted to write about is how I spent my days being confined in bed. I couldn’t sleep much because of the pain. I had to find a way to beat the boredom, a way to ‘loose’ myself for awhile. Go to another world for awhile.


There’s always a bright side of everything dark. I managed to finish reading Stephenie Meyer’s very thick books that I bought last year. I bought the 4th book in the series 2 days ago, “Breaking Dawn”. It would probably have been the best book ever for me if I was reading it at the age of 18 or 19 year old. At that time, I probably would have been able to relate myself with the main character and the way her thoughts and feelings worked, especially her ‘philosophy’ on love. Nevertheless, I give Stephenie Meyer two thumbs up for the suspense and the talent of story telling.


2 comments:

  1. banyaknye penyakit awak...banyak2 doa & byk2 istighfar. minta maaf yer, itu saje yg saya leh cakap sbb saya x tau & x alami benda tu. ape pun saya doakan awak cepat sembuh so that awak lebih bersedia terima ahli ke-3 dlm famili awak nnt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nape sy x dpt komen blog Dayah? sy tak puas ati la... sbb sy guna akaun yahoo dlm blog ni & bukan google ke? tapi kat blog azie, tak de masalah pun nak komen... Dayah, setting blog awk ada masalah kot...

    sy x apa2, awk jgn risau...

    ReplyDelete