Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Candles In The Dark (Office)

My work life has been 'fun' for the past years (2008 & 2009). Fun, in my context, means that it's not so dreadful to be at the office, mainly because my colleagues for the past years have been 'fun' people. Walking to the office doesn't feel like my feet are tied to bricks.

Although the pressure and workload at the office keeps increasing and at times seems havoc and haywire, I don't feel like collapsing coz there are colleagues that I can consult or vent my frustration or make me laugh/smile. They are talented in their own unique way and I know that they don't feel intimidated, especially not by someone like me. I'm lucky that they are not the type that seems hungry for power (yet), back stab, and etc. They're so easy to work with and not stingy in giving opinions.

One of them said that at our level (junior officers), we don't feel the pressure to stomp on each other to get the attention of the stakeholders. That's true. Just like everyone else, our character might change with time.

I know that they won't be my colleagues forever; they'll get promoted, transferred to other departments, etc. - but I really do hope (and pray) that I'll always have good colleagues throughout my career. Like lit candles in the dark, they make the office a warm and less scarier place.

1 comment: