Last month I traveled (out-station) too much...not just KL and Selangor but Pahang, Melaka, Penang, etc. Last Wednesday (before I had to go to Melaka again), I had to go to An-Nur coz my lower abdomen felt so cramped and quite painful to the extent that I had trouble walking. Doctor said that I should lessen traveling and THIS TIME I was lucky that my body was still able to protect the baby from the shocks of emergency breaks, bumpy roads, fatigue, etc.
Luckily, I don't have to worry about traveling too much this month coz it's Ramadan and my bosses would NOT be so cruel as to send me traveling during fasting month. Hopefully when the 8am-5pm office-hour ends, I'd still have the energy to entertain Umairah and do other Ramadan's sunat things. Entah la larat ke tak...
This is my second Ramadan with Umairah and my fourth Ramadan with hubby. Next year, we would be welcoming Ramadan in a house of our own with an addition to this nucleus family, insyaAllah. There would be four of us :).
I did not know how much it meant to have a husband who could be imam of prayers and teach you to read the Quran correctly. Who were not interested to have a vogue wife and a living-in-the-fast-lane life. My husband always tries to teach me about 'hidup bersederhana'. It's a difficult concept when I'm always seduced by the glitz and glamour of life but I'm starting to not only see, but experience the benefits of his philosophy. Was I blind all this while? No, just didn't take it seriously (shopping every weekend, watching the movies, watching fashion shows).
I guess...when you have kids, things inevitably changes. You want to give them the best in life AND hereafter. You hope that God would always guide them and they would not be misled. But it all starts with the parents themselves. If the parents can't make them feel and understand the sereneness of being in His blessings, there's little chance other people can or would take the trouble of doing so.
So, hopefully, starting this Ramadan, I'd be able to be a better person too.
still suka tgk fashion shows?..hehe...matured, indeed!
ReplyDelete