Thursday, August 11, 2011

Full Dark, No Stars


I know I shouldn't be blogging right now but i need to write this down...hoping to get the gruesome image OUT of my brain...yes, that's how much this book has affected me.

Don't be discouraged by it's thickness of 560 pages. It has 4 'short' stories in it: "1922", "Big Driver", "Fair Extension" and "A Good Marriage".

I finished reading the first story yesterday and I can't stop thinking about the horror of the crime or the mental state of the killer up till now (that's why Mr.Hubby never brings me to watch horror movies).

If any of you have read the book...or at least the first story (“1922”) which is 191 pages, could you help me answer some of the questions that keep lingering on my mind since yesterday. Which part do you think the rats were real and which part was only his imagination? Do you really think he was insane or was he really haunted by his wife? His confession sounded so sane, it's hard for me to believe he's insane. The author really did a good job at keeping possibilities open and with no real answer and leaving you (me, actually) guessing.

I’ll write more after I finish reading the other 3 stories...or maybe after each story to help me let go of the gripping intensity. If you’re thinking about buying it, I’d say “Buy it! NOW!”. It’s sold for RM31.90 at MPH.

But...my Mr.Hubby would say “Tak sesuai baca buku mcm tu bulan Ramadan. Baca la buku agama.”

No comments:

Post a Comment