Last week Mr.H (from now Mr.Hubby will be referred to as Mr.H) took us to Col**r Tropic*le. I was excited and was almost sad when my boss didn’t sign my leave form. Anyhow, the place was a big disappointment. I should have read the reviews before I went there.
The parking lot and the corridor to the rooms had an odd smell of dampness. At first, I refused to believe that a Berjaya H**ls Hotel could have a smell like this, being a well-known and well established hotelier but when I read the reviews, it was really the dampness that caused the foul smell. The air in the room reeked of VOC (volatile organic compound), probably because it was newly painted or something.
The VOC was really bad to the extent that we had to leave the windows open day and night. Night! How scary was that since our room was facing the pitch black forest. Even with the windows open, by the end of the 3 days 2 nights stay, 11-month-old Irfan and I had a bad cough (respiratory track irritation).
Secondly, my bad experience with one of the souvenir shop there. On our second day there, I bought a few very cute fridge magnets. The guy pressed his calculator and charged me RM35.50. Here, I made two mistakes. First, I didn’t ask for a receipt. Second, I assumed he couldn’t have made a mistake coz he had used a calculator and the math involved was just simple addition.
On our last day, I was doing my spending record when I realized that the guy had charged me wrongly as the total was only RM27.30. When I went to the shop and explained, the girl on duty that day was of no help at all. She said I would have to deal with the guy directly and he would only come during his shift this evening. “Could you call him and ask him to come now?” “Could you just give me the change?” “Could you replace the difference with anything?” All was answered with a NO! How frustrating. And Mr.H was not willing to hang around for hours just to wait for him to come that evening just for the ‘tak sampai RM10 pun’. It wasn’t really about the amount. It was about the injustice.
The good part:
I really liked the fresh air (outside the room, of course). The surrounding was peaceful and quiet. The eatery was never crowded (probably because of the expensive price…roughly twice the price of Secret Recipe). It’s quite a suitable place for writers…and also for those wanting to run away from the pollutions of cities… just make sure they don’t give you a room with high VOC level. Value your health. VOC is dangerous.
The layout was nice
The bathroom was big too. But there was no hose next to the toilet and the shower wasn't working properly.
The chicken pie and chocolate croissant was worth the price.
No comments:
Post a Comment