Thursday, May 03, 2012

New Babysitter

After Irfan was discharge from ward, we sent Irfan to Mr.H's aunt starting March 2012. In April 2012, Umairah joined Irfan as my mom went to Ireland. Mr.H was the one who always sent and picked them up as the aunt's house was closer to Mr.H's office.

Yesterday was the first day we sent Irfan and Umairah to a new babysitter who stayed closer to our home compared to Mr.H's aunt. The new babysitter's house was really lovely. Like a designer's house with glossy wallpapers and lots of decorations and crystals. I told her I was worried that my kids would unintentionally break any of those lovely things if they could reach it.

I was also sceptical about her capacity as she was currently looking after SIX kids and including my kids, the total would be EIGHT kids. Last month, when we discussed about this, she said 3 kids belonging to a teacher would be moving to Johor in May so she's be left with only 3 kids. That's why we agreed to start sending our kids in May. But yesterday, she told us that the teacher has not been able to transfer to Johor. So now she has EIGHT kids. That's more than the ratio at the previous nursery. She told me that her 3 daughters help her too once's they're back from school. She also told me that kids usually behave better when their parents are not around. I'm not convinced but Mr.H says to give it a try.

In the evening after picking them up, she told me that Irfan and Umairah behaved well and there was no problem. Huh? They behaved well? Didn't even throw a tantrum? Anyhow, I stressed to her that my main concern is their safety and their health and please make sure that they eat. Not only eat, but eat healthy food. No junk food.

Hopefully all goes well. If their weight drops or something seems off, I might have to look for a new babysitter...which is really hard to find. Just like in any industry nowadays, good help is hard to find.

1 comment:

  1. alin, although my mom is looking after my baby, ada jugak cabaran dan dugaannya..hmmm..i wish we could be stay at home mom, with all the work completely paperless!

    ReplyDelete