Monday, May 21, 2012

Paediatric Clinic 1st Follow-up

Today's Irfan's first follow-up after being discharged from ward last March. I was hoping so hard that his condition had improved and the doctor would give me good news. Unfortunately, the doctor told me that the weight gained was too little and there was still the sound of infection in his lung. The worst news was that the doctor suspected Irfan of thalassemia. But that could only be confirmed in 3 months. That's how long the blood test result would take. I felt tightness in my chest, as if it was hard to breathe. My son was born normal & healthy...how could this happen. For a moment there I almost lost it and forgot about 'takdir', 'dugaan', etc. I felt my world was spiralling down and all the dreams of continuing masters and pHD seemed meaningless.

While we (me&Irfan) were waiting for the date of the next appointment, someone said hi to Irfan in a very cheerful voice. I looked to the person and saw the kid and immediately felt so much better. She was Irfan's friend from the ward and she was looking so much better. She smiled at Irfan and said "Ingat saya lagi tak?" At that moment, I felt ashamed for being so unthankful. Tak terjangka ditakdirkan bertemu kembali dalam keadaan yg jauh lebih baik dari dulu (3 bulan yg lalu). Jauh lebih baik...

This is the picture taken today. Shaza, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment