Monday, February 16, 2015

Baked French Toast with Praline Topping


*recepie edited from Paula Deen

(RIGHT): 4 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup half-and-half, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon sugar, 6 shredded bread. Left to soak in the fridge overnight. (LEFT): next morning, heat together 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 cup pecan

Pour the melted praline onto the overnight-refrigerated bread mixture. First time I did this recipe (end of last year, before Athirah was born) it overflowed and spilled to the bottom of the oven, and Mr.H cleaned it up so this time I'm using a tray underneath the bowl coz I don't have a larger bowl. Bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes or lightly golden (my oven here in student apartment is "kuno" ancient type, so have to always be careful when baking).

This is how it looks piping hot and fresh from the oven. I really have to buy a much bigger bowl (baking glass bowl).
Top view
The inside would be slightly yellowish brownish. Scoop out (too lembik to cut) into a bowl or plate and serve with maple syrup. Since it's very high in calorie (and fat), I usually eat 3 scoops per serving with one tablespoon maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment