Thursday, January 29, 2015

Studying With Athirah

Trying to concentrate on studying with a newborn baby turns out to be very challenging. Athirah wants to be held almost all the time. I've had fever countless of times within just this one month of semester beginning. When I'm too stressed or I almost can't move my hands anymore (arm & wrist cramps coz holding her long hours), I put her down and walk away, despite her wailings. But the most I can walk away is about 5 minutes, mana sampai hati dengar teriakan dia nangis lama2. It's hard to hold her while reading/doing assignment, especially when she's flailing herself around and I was waaaay behind on my study. So I bought a standing desk, to study while soothing her while standing up, and a sitting desk, to study while holding her on the rocking chair. Dah la I'm on a tight budget but have to buy those things coz I cannot continue to be waaay behind on my studies. This semester I have 24 assignments, some short ones (can do in a few days or weeks) and some long ones (will take months, almost the whole semester to finish). The small fonts of materials to read, almost all of them black&white, some even grey, doesn't make it easier. After venting out all the stressful things, there are a lot of things that I am thankful for. Particularly regarding this Spring semester (although it's actually still winter with temperature almost always below zero C). First of all, Mr.H and I don't have overlapping classes so we don't have to hire babysitter. Secondly, Athirah has been quite healthy despite the rest of the family being sick on and off.

Typing this after class & while waiting for the bus back to apartment. Walked to the bus stop with Mark, Parnain, and Dennis. Mark told me it's not safe to walk at night alone, what more with the robbery going on, some even armed robbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment