Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Morning Scare

This morning, I was reaching for my car keys while holding Irfan (coz he refused to be put down and insisted I take him to wherever I was going) and carrying items to bring to my office today when I suddenly heard my mom (who was outside the house) calling me in a panic voice.

Holding Irfan and all the other things, I quickly rushed out the front door. There was a trail of blood on the car porch's floor.
Trail of Blood
My mom said she heard something sounding like 'baldi plastik pecah' when my dad reversed his car this morning but she thought it was just the car rumbling. The cats (I don't call them our pets coz they were the ones who decided to live at my parents' house, uninvited) were all there. If it was another animal hurt, wouldn't it whine in pain?

I followed the trail of blood and was shocked to see a turtle about 20cm long. Whose turtle was it? It couldn't be a 'wild' turtle coz there's no jungle around here. It was hiding under another car (my mom's car) and not moving anymore. Umairah woke up and joined us outside. My sister (university student) came out too. I handed her some money and told her to take the turtle to a vet. I couldn't take it to the clinic myself coz I would be late for work.

The clinics wouldn't be opened till 9 so we placed it in a cage for a while.
Bleeding at Bottom Left of Inside the Shell
At around 10am, I called my mom and she said the Pejabat Haiwan (a govrmnt. vet) was closed (at that time it was about 9.30am) so she went to a private vet in Cheras. Hope the turtle will be fine.

It was not even 7.30am yet. The air was nice ('nice' is as good as it gets since it's city-polluted-air). As I reversed my car from the car porch, I saw Umairah and Irfan having fun (still wearing pyjamas) playing in my mom's garden. Again, I am reminded about how lucky I am that my parents live close by and loves my children too.



No comments:

Post a Comment