Anyhow, after the meeting boss #1 said to me "You ni bermasalah la..." and I looked at him with shocked. He almost laughed at my horrified look and told me that someone had requested from him quite a few times that he let me go. That someone was a top gun at another ministry and out of respect for my boss #1, asked for permission that I be transferred to his ministry instead of going directly to jayPiAy. I almost laughed myself when boss #1 ordered me to "dok diam-diam sikit pas ni..." (lay low or keep a low profile next time) during meetings at that ministry.
First of all, I've been thought to always try to contribute to the meeting and not just sit quietly and deemed as "setakat buka mulut utk. makan karipap je". I don't think I even have a high profile to begin with. The type that you wouldn't notice in a crowd. The type that prefers to stand in the shadows unless I feel that it is necessary for me to step out for a while...after that I'd quickly retreat back into the shadows. That top gun was probably just teasing my boss.
First of all, I've been thought to always try to contribute to the meeting and not just sit quietly and deemed as "setakat buka mulut utk. makan karipap je". I don't think I even have a high profile to begin with. The type that you wouldn't notice in a crowd. The type that prefers to stand in the shadows unless I feel that it is necessary for me to step out for a while...after that I'd quickly retreat back into the shadows. That top gun was probably just teasing my boss.
| Our wonderful host |
| Can't get enough! |
Boss #1 went to join the other top guns and I had about 5 hours to kill before my flight back.A colleague from the Langkawi branch, our (me and a colleague from my division) host for the day, Anuar, took us to really wonderful places. After shopping for chocolates, he took us to Tanjung Rhu. It was nicely windy and quiet with a beautiful view of the sea and the private yachts. No wonder people come here for honeymoon despite the scorching hot sun in the afternoon. We sat under the shades of trees and ordered laksa from the food truck nearby. I really had to fight the urge to order another plate of laksa coz I didn't want to be seen as "hantu laksa". Enjoying good food with good company really makes my day.
| Me & white sandy beach |
Then, Anuar said he knows a place where the sun sets between two islands and asked if we'd like to see it. Of course I'd love to see it. So, he took us to see the sunset! It was really beautiful. I didn't want to step onto the beach's sand and dirty my Clarks shoes... but since my colleague kept nudging me, I obliged but took of my shoes...and did not regret it! The sands at Pantai Chenang was really one of the softest sands I've ever stepped foot on. I even went to soak my feet in the sea and my colleagues could only watch (the girl who at first had refused to go down to the beach...hehe...) coz they didn't want to take their shoes off. I washed my feet and to avoid sand entering my beloved shoes, we took another less sandy route back to the car and passed through interesting illegal shops and chalets.
| Beautiful sunset |
The small perks of my work life. Meeting interesting people and enjoying simple but interesting places.
I arrived home at about midnight and was only able to settle down for sleep around 3am.
Slept content and happy.
I arrived home at about midnight and was only able to settle down for sleep around 3am.
Slept content and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment