Thursday, October 30, 2014

Keeping on Track with Assignments

I started this Fall 2014 semester with around 25 assignments to be completed within 13 weeks (Sept to 1st week Dec). Currently, I have 4 weeks left to finish 9 assignments: 2 dissertation papers, 4 analysis, 2 presentations, 1 final exam,  and hundreds of pages of readings (dah la tulisan kecil2). 
Reminder in study room

One of the presentation has to be done "Ignite style", a format where the max of 20 slides run automatically and each slide is presented for not more than 20 seconds, making maintaining the fluidity according to the pace is really challenging for me. Especially when there are times my brain goes "eh, apa perkataan tu dlm English. tetiba lak boleh lupa" and I'm blinking rapidly in front of the audience (mat sallehs and also students/lecturers from other countries), trying to remember what I had forgotten, despite practicing so many times. Sigh.

So far, I have had good audiences that do not ask questions purposely to "kena kan", it's usually because they're interested with certain parts of the presentation and would like to know further, or being polite by asking easy questions so that during Q&A time, you don't hear the crickets. The hardest questions, of course, usually comes from the lecturers.

Me, being the blur2 type, not having a sharp memory, scatterbrain, always forgetting things, does have an impact on my studies. I try to put that weakness/shortcoming under control by listing down everything I have to do along with the deadlines. I paste them on the wall near the study table (arranged according to deadlines), on my files (arranged  according to subjects), and set reminders on my handphone (can be arranged according to subjects and deadlines).


Things/Events I have to remember regarding Umairah's or Iran's school and also regarding grocery shopping list, I paste at the fridge in the kitchen. For house management reminders, I usually just write them on post-it notes and paste on the fridge or the magnetic marker board, also readily pasted on the fridge.

That's how serious I need to remind myself and keep myself on track of all the assignments/'to-do's. Muda2 pun slalu lupa. Tak tau la dah tua nnti mcm mn.


Reminder in iPhone
Reminder on files/folders

No comments:

Post a Comment