I have a new morning routine now. Previously it was lemonade + warm water early in the morning. Although lemonade is quite cheap here in US, I got lazy (malas nak potong & perah lemonade awal2 pagi buta sambil nak t'kejar2 siapkan diri & ank2 utk sekolah). No other reason. Teruk kan? So, on an empty stomach, about half an hour before breakfast, I drink warm water mixed with two spoons of apple cider vinegar. I use the brand in the picture coz there's a rave review about it being not only organic, but also unfiltered, containing 'the mother' (which makes the vinegar more cloudy), meaning more concentration of the important enzymes and etc. The smell of the vinegar is a real turn-off (mmg busuk...mcm buah masam/dah rosak) but hey, it's worth the benefits. Some of the main benefits are:
1) Detoxification (this is my main reason)
2) Promote weight loss
3) Help with digestion
4) Alleviate skin problem (especially acne prone skin)
There are other health benefits if you Google, especially from reliable sources. I have sluggish digestion but loves food high in carb (sometimes I eat up to 4 donuts in a single day!) and full-blown fat (mutton is my favorite! and here I eat ice cream almost every day coz it's so cheap), there's no easier way to minimize the bad effects of bad eating habits.
As we get older, our metabolism and healing rate gets slower. Malaysians are the fattest compared to other South-East Asians (http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/01/16/Scoring-badly-on-dietary-habits-Malaysia-is-fattest-country-in-SE-Asia/). I think somehow we have the mentality that getting old comes hand-in-hand with getting fat.
I'm not overweight (yet!) but I'm not really healthy either. Sometimes I feel like taking care of health and weight takes a lot of discipline, but I know I'll really regret and hate myself if I let myself become fat. Kalau sy kurus pun boleh slalu sakit, usahkan kalau jadi gemuk. Although my husband says he doesn't really care about my weight, although I strongly believe men are visual creatures and thus dot-dot-dot, I'm doing it more for my own self rather than because of other people's perception. Years from now, I don't want to look back and regret not taking care of what I eat.
No point in just complaining about your weight but not doing anything about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment