![]() |
| 1st time making nasi minyak (17 December 2014) |
Last month (November) had been crazy with assignments. November 26, 2014, I had to present my 'Public Agency Supervisory Paper' using the Ignite format. It was the first time I had to present using Ignite format (where the 20 slides run automatically and changes every 15 seconds, making total presentation time 5 minutes). Kacang je 5 minutes? Kacang my foot. It was so hard to make sure I said all the important things and synchronize what I wanted to say with the slides timing of 15 seconds. There I was, standing in front of class, talking without looking at any paper, and making sure that what I was saying was in line with the slides that were changing automatically exactly every 15 seconds. Once or twice I haven't finished my sentence (this happened coz I forgot what the words were in English) and the slide had changed to the next one. I finished my sentence anyway and had to cut my points for the next slide.
In summary, it was the hardest academic presentation I had every done. Not because of the content of the topic but because of the format of the presentation. I have to admit that the format is necessary when you have so many people presenting and you don't want them to take to much time talking (especially those that like to hear themselves talking sampai melampau-lampau ambil masa orang lain).

No comments:
Post a Comment