This is my 1st entry using my new laptop (yey!). The first laptop that I bought was from Acer, six years ago. It costed me about RM4k.
As technology rapidly changed and became more advanced, my old laptop was not able to cater for certain programs and games. It was also physically maimed due to travelling and usage by Umairah ;p. As in the picture, the left screen's frame is no longer attached to the keyboard and you could see the screws and joint. Surprisingly, it still functions.
When I saw Dell's XPS on sale (valid until 24th Feb 2011), I bought it online, about RM4k too. I guess RM4k is the max I’m willing to spend for a laptop. The wireless Targus mouse and wireless printer arrived within a week. However, the laptop and it's bag took 3 weeks to arrive. I ordered a brick-red coloured bag but they sent a gray-sage coloured bag. They shouldn't have advertised the brick-red bag online if it was out of stock. Ape la. On the day my laptop arrived, I opened Dell's website and voila!, there was a new model of XPS. I haven’t even used my new laptop and it was already no longer the latest model. No wonder it was on sale.
I also paid about RM190 for installation by Dell. When the Dell installer came, he checked my laptop and told me that I had already installed everything that he was supposed to install. What? I thought that there was something more “changgih-manggih” and complicated that would have required an expert to install. There wasn’t. It was something that I, or anyone with basic IT knowledge and common sense, could have done alone. “Spoof!” goes my RM190, vanishing into thin air without leaving anything behind. Nada.
Grumblings aside, I do like the laptop. I love it’s pink cover. The camera and speaker are crystal clear. I hope that it would be able to run Diablo III, if it’s ever gonna be released. Hopefully it’s not an abandoned project since the rumoured released date has been postponed for years!
wah mahalnya notebook Ama, Zaila punya cari yang termurah di Low Yatt & dapatlah dlm rega RM2k tp window installation semua suh budak IT kat opis yg tlg buatkan..now dah xpakai sangat dah sebab dah ada netbook yg cinonet (senang nk bawa ke mana2) tapi kan nowadays ni org sibuk duk bercerita pasal ipad..huhuhu..xlaratlah nk kejar teknologi ni..baik kejar anak je;)
ReplyDelete