Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Watch it!

My mom was watching TV in the evening as usual when she called me to jot down the account number of a poor family in the news. From the accent, I think the family is from Kelantan or upper Terengganu. The family lives in a shabby hut, the father could no longer earn money as a fisherman as he was too old to go to sea and their child has an illness that causes his throat to be punchered. The father and especially the son's body were very very thin. I don't have much detail about the family as I only started paying attention when my mom called me. I knew the account number would be shown only briefly so I snapped a picture of it with my hand phone. The account for donation is CIMB Nor Wan Seman 03060046960529.


Warning: This next paragraphs may contain obscene/unsuitable words.

It reminded me of totally opposite news, also taking place in Kelantan, which I saw with my mom two days ago. It had something to do with a food stall, local attorney, and politic. An idiot dressed as if he was a pious person (ketayap, jubbah, janggut sikit, etc.) slandered someone (from an opposite party) by saying “Mulut joh manis. Jubo masin!” How much more uncivilised could you be to make such a sentence on national television news? Mulut huduh!

Compare the first news and the second. Even though the family lives in REAL hardship, they do not slander or blame anyone. They spoke with much patience. It was a challenge and hardship that they faced EVERY DAY, unlike this idiot who used such ugly words over a small issue just to show his political stand (kiss a**) on national TV.

3 comments:

  1. a'a, aku pon tengok berita tu, terkejut juga!! boleh pula lulus keluar berita..isy isy isy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puan amalina,

    Rasanya bukan 'joh' tapi 'jah'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. zaila: a'ah ek. cam ne la diorg boleh siarkan. patutnya tapis la sbb bukan siaran langsung pun

    muhaymin: ekehkeh...ampun...kite kan kelantan celup (atau bak kata Datin, kelantan murtad...ahaha, kasarnya!)

    ReplyDelete