Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Till death do us part...

Last weekend, there was an article in the newspaper about a teenager suffering from leukaemia. She said "saya harap saya dipanjangkan umur...". I was dumbstruck. I'm not suffering from any terminal disease but I have never asked for longevity. I know I might sound shallow but I do not think having a long life is the goal of our existence. Images of a lady, old, bent, and wrinkled...laying helplessly...staring out the window...having to have people clean up for her coz she's too weak to do it herself...noOOOooo!!!

But I ask for longevity for people around me. Weird? No. The main reason would be because I cannot imagine life without the people I love. I do not want to deal with lost. It is too painful... You could see the pain clearly in the eyes of the beloved that was left behind to continue living till her/his time comes...

At about midnight last night, I received a call informing me that a friend of mine had passed away. I thought he passed away in Pakistan, since he was posted there and the country had continuously been under political unrest but instead, he passed away here, in this peaceful country. On his way from the airport to his home in Terengganu, a horse broke free from its stable and collided with my friend's car. He went into coma, was sent to the hospital and passed away a few hours later, leaving behind a wife and two daughters - aged 2 year old and the other one just born a few months ago. He was 29 year old. Moga tempatnya bersama orang-orang beriman.

I couldn't really sleep last night, thinking about him and the times we spent during DPA (we were in the same group/'sidang') and etc. No matter how big I felt his lost, his wife must be feeling the lost the greatest. She would be raising the kids by herself, without her husband by her side. The kids are too young to understand the concept of death, too young to understand why their father has not returned home to them for so long. I hope God will give her the strength to continue this life's journey...dan moga perjalanan hidupnya selepas ini amat dipermudahkan... amin.

"Every man dies - not every man really lives." ~William Wallace~

1 comment:

  1. Eh Ama, bila bersalin?? baru perasan ticker tu ada little boy punya..congrates ya!!

    ReplyDelete