My older sister, a doctor in Ireland, gave me this book last year (err...did she give or did she lend? hmm...). At first, I was put-off by the small fonts. The size of the words does play a role in generating interest to read.
Anyhow, considering that my sister had flown it from afar, I gave it 'a try' and it turned out to be hard to put down. I found myself reading familiar situations/problems. The author's relaxed (and sometimes funny) explanation and examples made the reading even easier to digest. There was also no bombastic-pHD level-words/terminology, which made it even more suitable for an averagely-educated person like me. I read it page by page, not skipping even a single page and the chapter I liked most (and most relevant to me right now) was Chapter 5, Dealing With Bold Behaviour - When Saying No Is Not Enough.
This book focuses on the first 6 years of growing up and has very practical approach on raising your kids the best way possible. I would certainly recommend this book to other parents of young children. I'm so glad I gave it 'a try'.


No comments:
Post a Comment