The distance between my home and my office is 35km, or 35.3km to be exact and I drive to-and-fro everyday. Driving at a constant speed of 70km/h, it should take me just 30minutes to reach the office...plus 10 minutes for the traffic lights and tolls. Theoretically, it would take me 40minutes. During peak hours (6.30am-9.00am, 11.30am-2.30pm, 4.30pm-7.00pm; Mon.-Fri.), the morning drive to work would usually be 1 hour and 45 minutes...a 270% increase from the usual time. Before I bought this house in Semenyih, I did not consider how the distance between Semenyih and Putrajaya could be so AGONIZING.
The traffic congestion is sooooo baaaaaad to the extent that i could literally read a book (currently I'm ready Jeffry Archer's 'And Thereby Hangs A Tale') while waiting for the car to move inch by inch. Some Malaysian drivers are really shameless, cutting the queue as if they are the only ones who are in a hurry. Kancil, Wira, BMW, Honda or Toyota - the financial status seems to have nothing to do with courtesy.
Here is a picture of a guy in a green MyVi using his kids to gain sympathy to get people to give in as he cuts the queue at a traffic light. Angrily, I gave way. The kancil in front was even ruder as he was a solo driver and came from waaaaaaay back and jumped right at the traffic light.
We really should have more (if there is currently any) campaign and posters to educate our citizens on how dishonourable it is to cut queue. It's only acceptable if you have an emergency case like having to send your wife to the hospital (like Mr.Hubby did one Tuesday morning, when everyone was rushing to work and I almost had to deliver in the car...horror!).
After an almost 2-hour-drive, I reach the office. It's so early in the morning but I'm already having pain in my back, somewhere along the spine. It takes a lot of energy and patience to come to the office and still be cheerful and spirited...or for some days, at least I tried.

saya yang duduk dekat ngan office nipon selalu sampai rumah lambat dek kerana en suami yang terlampau suka bekerja
ReplyDeleteT____T