(1) Last week (12th June), at KLIA, as I was walking towards the bag-drop counter, a lady standing in a large group about 5 feet from me called me "Amalina! Amalina! Sini. Tiket kat sini". I was puzzled coz I didn't recognize her and I was already holding my ticket. Besides that, I was not wearing any name tag or holding anything that had my name scribbled on. I went to her anyway and as I stood right in front of her, I was quite sure I had never seen her in my life. "Ni tiket Amalina". I looked at the ticket and smiled "Nama saya memang Amalina tapi binti lain." The whole group started to buzz and some laughed. An elderly man with white beard said "Ni bukan Amalina cikgu ke?" I grinned and said "Bukan." They asked me some other questions and I heard them say things like "muka sama" "sedara kot" and etc. Although I was not rushing to catch my flight, I excused myself from the group and they wished me "selamat jalan". I didn't wait to see the girl who supposedly had the same name and face. My grandmother once told me that in this world, there are seven people with the same face and it is not wise to ‘collide’ with them. I never asked why. I’m not saying I believe what my grandmother told me but meeting someone with the same face and name feels weird like ‘twilinght zone’ besides further proving that “You are unique…so is everyone else. Heck, there’s even someone exactly like you.”
(2) Last week (13th June), I went to the sea to catch squid. Mencandat sotong. I’m not big on fishing coz I think it’s such a boring thing to just sit at one place holding a rod for hours but when a group of colleagues suggested it, I tagged along. My dad would probably be furious if he knew. In the dark of the night, almost midnight, around 11pm, I joined a group of 5 men and 2 women to sea. I didn’t expect the boat to go far from the mainland but it did. When we couldn’t see the mainland anymore and it was pitch black, we stopped. The waves were really strong and it kept hitting the boat. Out of the 7 people on the boat, 4 were my colleagues (2 men, 2 women). After setting the lights to attract the squids, we started ‘mencandat’.
The boat couldn’t stay steady coz the waves were hitting it hard. Within less than half an hour, all my colleagues were emptying their guts into the sea. I didn’t vomit at all but started to feel faint. The fisherman (who brought us there) told me not to stare at the sea but always look at the lights far away (from other boats or the stars). I thought I would be really lucky it I caught even one squid.I ended up catching three! Yey! I stopped at three and spent the rest hour taking pictures and counting stars, trying to make shapes out of them. As if I knew the constellation. Once in a while I’d look at the jellyfishes in the sea (couldn’t stare down too long coz it caused sea sickness). When two of my colleagues started laying flat on their backs, it was time to head back to mainland. It was around 2am. That night, I couldn’t stop remembering how the squids slowly stopped breathing.
The fisherman packed the squids for us but I didn’t feel like taking them home. I gave them away.
(4) 15 May, after SIX years of waiting, Diablo III was finally released.
(5) 18 Mei, I had brunch in bed. Yey!
(6) 17 Mei, Mr. H booked a bungalow. All of a sudden.
The little things done to break the routine. Like adding Cadbury TimeOut Chocettes to a cup of horlicks.
No comments:
Post a Comment