Recap.
Before I took the IELTS exam for the second time (coz the first one had expired, not because I did badly), I had expected myself to do better. You should do better the second time around, right?
I picked up my IELTS result last Saturday. As I expected, I did not do well. I guess I should be thankful I passed JPA's minimum requirement. A friend (the one that didn't want me to tell people he took the exam too) called me on Monday, I presume to ask me about my result, but I was in a meeting. I'll have to call him back, though. I don't know how he scored so I have to think about how to word it as not to offend him if he scored lower OR he'd sympathize instead of mock me if I got lower. It's always best to under-play your 'achievements'. I sort of believe it's better to have people underestimate you (and you can surprise them) than overestimate you (and you disappoint them). But I guess people tend to over-play in order to outshine others in this dog-eat-dog world.
My dad said having 3 offer letters from 3 of the world's top 50 university (and UK's top 10 University) but NO scholarship means nothing. Nothing :(. I could never ever afford studying there on my own expense. My scholarship interview is just around the corner. My ex-boss, who will be one of the panels, said "If you are good, you are good (no matter who interviews you)". Of course I could argue that there's a lot of 'rezeki' and 'takdir' that comes into play but I guess I'll hang on to that thin thread of hope for now.
Kalau tak dapat? Time for Irfan to get an 'adik'. Ahaha...
No comments:
Post a Comment