Friday, March 08, 2013

Killing Time

Yesterday when the punch card clock sounded, I immediately left the office. My spectacle's handle had broken and I needed to get it fix right away. Melayang RM215. Today, I didn't feel well so I went to a private clinic. Turns out the doctor had just performed an operation and needed to go home and wash up first. So, here I am in a kedai makan nearby the clinic, trying to kill time while waiting for the doctor. The purpose of going to a private clinic was to save time. So much for that.

This week has certainly not been a good week for me.

My mom's in Kelantan to visit my grandma. My mom says she doesn't remember much anymore. She doesn't remember when was the last time she ate, whether she has prayed or not, where she puts her things, etc. She remembers her children and a few things about them. I remember once when she just woke up, she called me "Jah" (my mom's name). I guess I looked like my mom when my mom was younger. It's not much surprise how I'd look like when I'm old. Though my mom is doing so much better than I am...most probably coz she eats healthily like ikan singgang, budu, petai, ulam raja, etc.

Am back at the clinic. Left the kedai makan in a rush coz saw a cockroach crawling. Yucks.

My turn is up. Chow.

2 comments:

  1. Two days ago I accidentally brushed my thumb against a roach's leg (long story) and one of the spikes penetrated my skin. Sharp unexpected pain, and disgust! Yucks!! Had to carefully pull that ~1mm spike out. It's been two days now and it still hurts. Roaches are really scary creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roaches bring with them a handful of bacterial, fungal, and parasitic contamination. I have read somewhere that in a world nuclear war, only cockroaches would survive. So, not only are they a vector for diseases, they also have high resilience & survival ability. We really should have a "Kill All Roaches Day", just to remind society not to take them lightly. (Ok, I'm probably being really paranoid now)...

      Delete