Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Designer Handbags


I've been carrying this black backpack around for more than one and a half year, not only when going out with Mr.Hubby but also to the office. I got this bag free when Mr.Hubby and I were shopping for nursing clothes at Mid Valley Megamall a few days before I delivered our first child.

I continued using the bag even when a colleague of mine (a man!) commented that the bag was so so and recommended that I, considering myself as an officer and not a 'buruh kasar', as he put it, should be using bags like Coach, Gucci, LV, and etc.

Most women have deep 'passion' when in comes to handbags and shoes. I do not share the same 'passion'. I find it completely atrocious to spend more than RM500 for just a handbag, what more thousands. To me, the bags are not even worth half as much as they costs. The escalated price is for the brand and the 'status', not for the practicality or the material.

I'm not saying that you should not buy designer bags. If you are one of those rich and famous who have lots of money to spare, by all means, go ahead. I have not found a bag that I'm willing to spend so much on. If one day I ever do, I would not be spending so much time contemplating whether or not to buy - the decision would be much easier when you have a really good reason to buy it and I would not feel so guilty for laying so much money on a bag.

Back to the black backpack, it has served me well throughout it's time and I realized it was time to say goodbye when the styrofoam at the shoulder strap came out due to heavy usage.

As I am currently not breastfeeding and do not need a big compartment for pumps and etc., I'm using a small shoulder bag that my Ireland sister gave to me recently.

My next bag would be from Madela, the bag that comes along with purchase of Madela Freestyle Pump. Hopefully it would last at least one a half year too.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaa..totally agree with you..not that aku xsuka pakai handbag tapi kadang2 terfikir juga such a waste (eventho duit kita banyak pon) ntok beli handbag mahal2 sampai ribu2..entahlah, lain manusia lain pikirannya kan...

    ReplyDelete