Wednesday, January 19, 2011
The Girl With Glass Feet
I've read this book more than a year ago but only now thought about writing a review. I've decided to write reviews of books that I've read no matter how long ago.
This book is beautifully written and as I read it, I felt like I was in a fairy tale... but a fairy tale that was melancholy and quite depressing. It's about a girl who was slowly turning into glass and desperately seeking for a way to stop herself from turning into glass. On her journey, she found love. The story enfolds gently and as I mentioned the word 'depressing', you could probably guess how the ending goes. So, don't read this book if you're depressed and looking for a read to cheer you up.
The way the author, Ali Shaw, wrote the story was almost poetic so although he is about my age, I don't think that the book should be classified as young adult's read. Probably because I don't see myself as 'young adult'. The characters are mature and the love-relationship of the characters are not the 'mushy-mushy' type that makes you go blewh weks yucks!
I wish I had the opportunity to take English Literature as a subject for SPM but unfortunately, the subject was not available in my school. To write a beautiful story takes not only knowledge and skill, but also talent. Talent is what I certainly do not have. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment