Wednesday, January 05, 2011

So Many Things To Do... So Little Time

Within this 3 months (Jan to Mac), there are 3 major things/events that I have to ensure happen (successfully!):
(1) deliver baby!!! (due date 7th February)
(2) move in to a new house (anywhere in March)
(3) get a maid (anywhere in February/March)

It's not as simple as it sounds.

Before moving in to a new house, things that have to be done
(1) get a good an excellent contractor;
(2) get kitchen cabinet, plaster ceiling for dining and living room, build-in-wardrobe, build-in decos, etc. done;
(3) add/change electrical wiring;
(4) buy essential electrical items (fan, lamp, air cond, water heater, fridge, washing machine);
(5) clean/wash the house (I won't be able to help with this, Mr.Hubby would have to do this alone or hire people); and
(6) buy furniture for living room and master bedroom.

Since all of this would cost at least RM30,000, me and Mr.Hubby have decided to leave the other rooms empty for a few months, until we are able to 'replenish' our savings.

I've already hired a contractor for my kitchen cabinet (based on recommendations by friends). So far, none of my friends have complained about them and the price is reasonable, so is the after-sales service. I have not decided on the contractor(s) for my plaster ceilings, wirings, and a few other build-in decos. I'll be meeting a plaster-ceiling contractor this Saturday for measurement and detailed quotation. This plaster ceiling contractor gave me the best 'rough quotation' reply out of more than 5 plaster-ceiling contractors so I do hope that the meeting would go smoothly and not a waste of my very precious time.

I am so worried that I'd get a bad workmanship and not worth the thousands of hard striven saved earnings spent. So, if you guys know any good excellent contractors, gimme a hoot.

We (me & Mr.Hubby) hope that we'll be able to move in by March 2011. All construction works have to be completed by end of February.

I guess this year of 2011 would be a very important and very big leap for me and Mr.Hubby. After 3 and a half years of marriage and living with parents, it's gonna be the first time we'd be living together on our own; in our own house to call home!

Owh, I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment